About Kingston Humane Society:
The Kingston Humane Society was founded in 1884 to provide shelter and care for homeless animals and investigate cases of animal cruelty in Kingston and surrounding communities. We promote responsible pet ownership and compassion and respect for all animals.
Our Mission, Vision and How We Work:
Mission:The Kingston Humane Society is committed to advocating for and improving the lives of animals within our community
Vision:A compassionate community where the well-being of animals is valued and respected
How We Work:
- Compassion & Professionalism
- Promoting & offering programs and services to help animals
- Promoting the humane treatment of animals
- Supporting responsible pet ownership
- Working with volunteers, partners and donors and the community to make a positive difference in the lives of animals
- A non-profit charitable animal welfare organization.
- Supported solely by the community, receiving no government funding to assist with our mission.
- The only open shelter in the region, accepting every animal brought to us.
- Committed to our mission and work with reputable and established rescue groups, province-wide.
- A last resort, providing haven from the hazards and cruelty of life on the street or neglect.
- An affiliate of the OSPCA, with the authority to investigate complaints of animal cruelty.
The Kingston Humane Society is Not:
- Associated with, nor do we endorse, any particular animal welfare group (other than the OSPCA) including other humane societies or rescue groups.
- Able to provide medical or boarding services for owned animals.